As a runner and a running coach, I know how important Strength Conditioning and Yoga (SCY) is for runners yet I also know that as a runner all I want to do is run. I don’t want to stay at home doing sit ups and trying to reach my toes! However, doing SCY will not only help you prevent injury, it will also make you a stronger, faster and a more efficient runner. So why don’t we do it?
To be honest I think there is so much out there that we don’t really know where to start. Gyms can often be intimidating places with so many contraptions and weights lying around and whilst I love yoga, going to a class where the teacher can turn themselves into a pretzel whilst standing on one leg and bowing to the moon when I can barely reach my toes is slightly off putting!
Step in SCY for runners! With my running experience, sports science degree, personal training and yoga teaching qualifications I have put together a programme to make us all better, stronger and faster runners! Knowing how a runner’s body feels and works I will guide you through the sessions and help you reach your toes again.
SCY is a monthly programme that is built around a community where you can follow the sessions, ask questions, give virtual high 5’s to each other once you have completed the class; making you more accountable in the process. What you get:
- 1 x Yoga for Runners session per week
- 1 x Strength and Conditioning session per month (with weekly progressions)
- Access to the Private Facebook Group where all sessions are loaded
- Discounts with wonderful hand-picked partners including, XMiles, Runderwear and Yoga Matters
- 1 x Q&A session per month. A platform to ask all your running, yoga and strength related questions
- Special Guest sessions where you can “Ask the experts”
- 24hr early bird access to all running retreats and camps plus 10% discount on all events run by Carla
Over the next few weeks I will be going into more detail about the benefits of SCY and how to programme the sessions into your week, for now sign up here, and start getting involved.
If becoming a better runner isn’t enough to make you want to sign up then maybe this awesome competition will. Once you have signed up your name will automatically go in the hat to win all of this:
- A pair of HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 7’s
- XMiles nutrition pack to the value of £40 (See image below)
- £50 Runderwear Voucher
- A Big Bobble Hat of your choice
- A Yoga Matters Yoga Mat
- Anyone that signs up to SCY for Runners from 1 – 31 October 2020 will be automatically added into the prize draw.
- The prize will be drawn live on Facebook on Sunday 1 Nov at 6pm.
- As part of the competition you will get added to SCY and XMiles mailing list. If you do not wish to be added to the mailing list please let me know and I will remove you.
Keep an eye out for my next three blogs, coming soon to XMiles:
- Benefits of S&C for runners
- Benefits of Yoga for runners
- How to programme the sessions into your training